What Will AquAlliance Do?
There are political, legal, and administrative opportunities that AquAlliance intends to pursue in collaboration with other organizations. AquAlliance will, however, be uniquely focused on the protection of the northern Sacramento River’s watershed and its groundwater basins. Here is a list of our proposed activities.
- will center on the Sacramento River Hydrologic Region considering natural and human-dominated ecosystems that impact water issues
- will be advocates using legal action when necessary to support legitimate grievances
- will develop a vibrant presence that combines interested individuals and groups
- will support the reconstruction of floodplains
- will advance protection of vernal pool landscapes
- will seek to maintain a healthy hydrologic balance between ground and surface waters
- will support the rural way of life including family, agricultural, and fishing interests
- will interact with supporting state and federal agencies to encourage responsible administrative action and policy direction.
What is AquAlliance’s focus?
AquAlliance has a unique focus. Its geographic reach is that of our hydrologic region and the scope of our projects will differ significantly from other environmental organizations. Our efforts will be directed toward preventing large scale water extractions with serious environmental and economic consequences and protecting significant vernal pool landscapes. We anticipate that the consequences of our actions will be far reaching and not limited to our geographic area.
How is the Organization Funded?
AquAlliance is funded by members and grants.
How Will The Funding Be Used?
The expenses of the organization are kept to a minimum, so that over 90 percent of contributions are directed to environmental activism.
How May I Contribute?
AquAlliance is, a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent permitted by law.